Want to learn Kotlin for Android?
Get your guide in PDF to build your first project in 15 minutes, and much more!
Kotlin is the the way to go for App development in Android
- The language created by Jetbrains is powerful, simple and versatile.
- It adapts perfectly to Android development.
- It allows you to avoid many of the obstacles that you will find in Java, thanks to the application of new concepts such as functional programming, lambdas or data classes.
1 out of 4 Apps in the Play Store today already use Kotlin for Android development. They have discovered its power and have started investing in training for their employees.
This means that the demand for Kotlin developers is imminent, and the number of jobs that require Kotlin is growing exponentially.
Info taken from
Hi, I’m Antonio Leiva
I’m Android Engineer and Google Developer Expert for Kotlin. Since I discovered Kotlin in 2015, I’ve devoted a lot of time taking the most from Kotlin and applying it to Android development.
Now, I help other developers to become experts in Kotlin for Android through different training modalities.
My goal is to show you how to use Kotlin in an Android environment in record time so that you can improve your productivity, overcome the limitations imposed by Java and stand out as a developer by applying a modern, simple and functional code.
If you have developed Android applications with Java it’s possible that:
- You have found yourself in situations that block you and make you spend too much time to find a solution that is easier with Kotlin.
- You’ve felt frustrated discovering that 90% of your application errors are NullPointerExceptions.
- Or you have seen yourself writing repetitive lines of code that consume your time. I can imagine those hundreds of getters and setters in your data classes.
- In short, you have felt that your creativity has been limited by the limitations of the language itself.
Kotlin is a modern, powerful and safe language that will allow you to overcome these obstacles in the quickest and easiest way you can imagine.
Latest blog entries
View Binding is a new view access mechanism that was released in conjunction with Android Studio version 3.6. Historically, there have been many ways to access views in an XML, as the original form, using findViewById, was not particularly comfortable. If we had to...
I got many questions after an Instagram story, and decided to do a Live session answering them all. This time, we covered many things: MVP vs MVVM Rx vs Coroutines Career progression advice Work-life balance, especially during parenthood ... And many more. We were 50...
Coil is a new image loading library for Android development based on Kotlin and coroutines with the goal of making it simple, fast and lightweight. After trying it, I decided to record this video where I show you how to: Setup the library Use it to load images on...