Enrich your Android Developer experience in every way with Kotlin
Apply new programming concepts that will improve your productivity and the final quality of your project.
Learn a simple and powerful language that will give you the opportunity to excel in the industry.
Join the only Kotlin community focused on Android development.
- Download my pdf guide to write your first lines with Kotlin. “Create your first Android project with Kotlin in 15 minutes”.
- Get access to my mini-course to learn the basics that will allow you to start developing with Kotlin.
- Receive exclusive content to become a Kotlin expert.
Kotlin is the real and imminent alternative for App development in Android
If you are an Android developer, you are passionate about your profession and you like to stay abreast of new developments in the sector, you may have heard about Kotlin.
- The language created by Jetbrains is powerful, simple and versatile.
- It adapts perfectly to Android development.
- It allows you to avoid many of the obstacles that you will find in Java, thanks to the application of new concepts such as functional programming, lambdas or data classes.
Using Kotlin translates into saving time in your daily work, in new possibilities to unleash your creativity, and in helping you be at the forefront in the field of application development.
This means that the demand for Kotlin developers is imminent, and you know about the first-movers advantage.
Hi, I’m Antonio Leiva
Now, I help other developers to become experts in Kotlin for Android through different training modalities.
My goal is to show you how to use Kotlin in an Android environment in record time so that you can improve your productivity, overcome the limitations imposed by Java and stand out as a developer by applying a modern, simple and functional code.
If you have developed Android applications with Java it’s possible that:
- You have found yourself in situations that block you and make you spend too much time to find a solution that is easier with Kotlin.
- You’ve felt frustrated discovering that 90% of your application errors are NullPointerExceptions.
- Or you have seen yourself writing repetitive lines of code that consume your time. I can imagine those hundreds of getters and setters in your data classes.
- In short, you have felt that your creativity has been limited by the limitations of the language itself.
Kotlin is a modern, powerful and safe language that will allow you to overcome these obstacles in the quickest and easiest way you can imagine.
How you can learn Kotlin for Android and become an expert
For those who want to learn by practice in a short time.
The only book on the market that will guide you with practical examples in creating an Android App from scratch using Kotlin as a language.
For developers that want to follow their own path.
A good amount of articles about Kotlin and Android development will help you learn many of the things you’ll need to create your own Apps from scratch.
For those who bet on Kotlin to be at the forefront.
We will work side by side through an individual program designed for your specific situation and goals, as you develop and publish an Android application written in Kotlin.
Latest blog entries
In Kotlin, as in every language, we have predefined operators to perform certain operations. The most typical are the addition (+), subtraction (-), multiplication (*) or division (/), but there are a few more. In some languages, such as Java, these operators are...
An interesting way to see how Kotlin simplifies your life is by creating a RecyclerView Adapter. You'll see that the code can be organized in such a way that its reading is easier and it avoids redundant code. RecyclerView Adapter in Kotlin We'll create an Adapter...
As we've seen in previous articles, properties need a default value, they can't be declared without assigning them a value. This is a problem, because imagine that you want to store a view into a property. As this code is executed during object creation, you can't...