Want to learn Kotlin for Android?
Get your guide in PDF to build your first project in 15 minutes, and much more!
Kotlin is the real and imminent alternative for App development in Android
If you are an Android developer, you are passionate about your profession and you like to stay abreast of new developments in the sector, you may have heard about Kotlin.
- The language created by Jetbrains is powerful, simple and versatile.
- It adapts perfectly to Android development.
- It allows you to avoid many of the obstacles that you will find in Java, thanks to the application of new concepts such as functional programming, lambdas or data classes.
Using Kotlin translates into saving time in your daily work, in new possibilities to unleash your creativity, and in helping you be at the forefront in the field of application development.
Some big companies are starting to use Kotlin for Android development. They have discovered its power and have started investing in training for their employees.
This means that the demand for Kotlin developers is imminent, and you know about the first-movers advantage.
Hi, I’m Antonio Leiva
I’m Android Engineer. Since I discovered Kotlin in 2015, I’ve devoted a lot of time taking the most from Kotlin and applying it to Android development.
Now, I help other developers to become experts in Kotlin for Android through different training modalities.
My goal is to show you how to use Kotlin in an Android environment in record time so that you can improve your productivity, overcome the limitations imposed by Java and stand out as a developer by applying a modern, simple and functional code.
If you have developed Android applications with Java it’s possible that:
- You have found yourself in situations that block you and make you spend too much time to find a solution that is easier with Kotlin.
- You’ve felt frustrated discovering that 90% of your application errors are NullPointerExceptions.
- Or you have seen yourself writing repetitive lines of code that consume your time. I can imagine those hundreds of getters and setters in your data classes.
- In short, you have felt that your creativity has been limited by the limitations of the language itself.
Kotlin is a modern, powerful and safe language that will allow you to overcome these obstacles in the quickest and easiest way you can imagine.
Latest blog entries
In November 2017, I had the chance (and luck!) of participating in a great event at Latvia: Devfest Baltics. It was awesome in many ways, but specially because of how the organizers treated us the speakers. I had never felt so warm (in such a cold country 😂) I even...
Believe or not, another year is coming to an end! And I like to take a look at all the things I achieved, the ones I didn't, and what I plan for the new year. Last year, I did it in my blog in Spanish, but this time I decided to share it with the world 😄 I think that...
One question I get often is how to simplify the interaction with listeners that have several functions on Kotlin. For listeners (or any interfaces) with a single function is simple: it automatically lets you replace it by a lambda. But that's not the case for...