It’s in your hands
to revolutionize the industry
of Android Development
Join the community of Kotlin enthusiasts and Android quality lovers
JUST FOR JOINING, YOU WILL GET ALL THIS
- A PDF guide to write your first lines with Kotlin. “Create your first Android project with Kotlin in 15 minutes“.
- Access to my mini-course to learn the basic concepts that will allow you to start developing with Kotlin.
- Exclusive content to become an expert in Kotlin and Android.
Kotlin is the the way to go for App development in Android
- The language created by Jetbrains is powerful, simple and versatile.
- It adapts perfectly to Android development.
- It allows you to avoid many of the obstacles that you will find in Java, thanks to the application of new concepts such as functional programming, lambdas or data classes.
1 out of 4 Apps in the Play Store today already use Kotlin for Android development. They have discovered its power and have started investing in training for their employees.
This means that the demand for Kotlin developers is imminent, and the number of jobs that require Kotlin is growing exponentially.
Info taken from
Hi, I’m Antonio Leiva
I’m Android Engineer and Google Developer Expert for Kotlin. Since I discovered Kotlin in 2015, I’ve devoted a lot of time taking the most from Kotlin and applying it to Android development.
Now, I help other developers to become experts in Kotlin for Android through different training modalities.
My goal is to show you how to use Kotlin in an Android environment in record time so that you can improve your productivity, overcome the limitations imposed by Java and stand out as a developer by applying a modern, simple and functional code.
If you have developed Android applications with Java it’s possible that:
- You have found yourself in situations that block you and make you spend too much time to find a solution that is easier with Kotlin.
- You’ve felt frustrated discovering that 90% of your application errors are NullPointerExceptions.
- Or you have seen yourself writing repetitive lines of code that consume your time. I can imagine those hundreds of getters and setters in your data classes.
- In short, you have felt that your creativity has been limited by the limitations of the language itself.
Kotlin is a modern, powerful and safe language that will allow you to overcome these obstacles in the quickest and easiest way you can imagine.
Latest blog entries
Koin is an alternative to Dagger that takes advantage of Kotlin features to make dependency injection much easier. https://youtu.be/fizzD_vCbIw In the video above, I explain why you need a dependency injector, what's the difference between Dagger and Koin, and a...
Welcome to another episode of Droidkast LIVE. But this time I'm bringing a little different program. When I interviewed Fernando in the first Droidkast, he proposed interviewing me in a future episode. So to celebrate that we are more than 1000 friends on YouTube,...
Data Binding is really easy and can save you from a lot of boilerplate when connecting your data to the UI, and also to update it when something changes. Here I show you an example from scratch, and how to apply it to the MVVM presentation pattern:...