I’m convinced that Kotlin is the future of Android development
My goal is to teach you how to take the most of this language that has completely changed my way of thinking about Android development.
As a mobile application developer you already know that it is imperative to frequently update your knowledge. It is a sector that advances fast and that demands that you are constantly learning to be able to progress as a professional. Both to access new job opportunities and to achieve the personal satisfaction that comes from overcoming new challenges.
If you’ve heard of Kotlin, you’re likely to be curious. I assure you that it is worth learning. And I am convinced that it can give your professional experience the differential value it needs to make you stand out among other developers.
I started studying Kotlin before its final version came out. After this time I’ve verified that there are two points that stand out from this language due to its simplicity and power:
- It allows you to apply simple solutions to complex problems, what improves your productivity and the final quality of the applications.
- It’s learning curve is very small compared to other languages. So much so that in a single day you can be prepared to develop an application with Kotlin.
If you already knew this blog, you may have noticed that it’s taken a different course. It’s because I’ve also bet on Kotlin.
Now, my goal is to help other developers become experts in Kotlin for Android through different training modalities and in a record time.
Join the only Kotlin community dedicated to Android app development and discover the power of this language.
Download my pdf guide to write the first lines with Kotlin. “Create your first Android project with Kotlin in 15 minutes.”
Access my mini-course to learn the basics that will allow you to start developing with Kotlin.
Receive exclusive content to become an expert on Kotlin.
You can exercise the rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition at [email protected].
Everything started in Cadiz (south of Spain) in January 2015
It was two o’clock in the morning and I could not sleep. That same evening I had been at a conference about developing Android Apps with a language that was not Java. It was not Kotlin, either, but I was so curious that I could not stop thinking about it. That same night I did the first tests. The next morning I started applying that language to Android while waiting for my train back home. From that moment, Kotlin took the protagonism and I didn’t stop investigating until discovering to the last of its possibilities.
A few months later I published the first book specialized in the development of Android applications with Kotlin: Kotlin for Android Developers.
During that trip to Cadiz I found the need to focus and specialize in Android development with Kotlin. But I have not always been so clear. Getting here has been the result of a process of self-discovery.
I will tell you the six milestones that have built my evolution
- I started working as a software developer nine years ago. I came to that situation where I felt frustrated working in a consulting company and felt the need to look for an alternative.
- Five years ago I became aware and decided to take action to take my professional life in the direction I wanted. Now I work as an Android engineer for an international company, I am a teacher in the Master in Mobile Computing at the Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca, and I’ve created three blogs in which I enjoy sharing knowledge and experiences.
- I created my first blog about Android development: Lime Creative Labs and a second on the same theme, but in English and directed to the international public, which you are reading right now.
- Along the way I’ve studied about creating and positioning professional brands through blogging and social networks. I’ve learned that it’s not enough to be a good developer, but it’s also necessary to be able to show it. And a blog is the perfect tool to gain visibility within the industry.
- Kotlin crossed my path during that trip to Cadiz.
- In December of 2015 I created devexperto.com, in Spanish. A website focused on professional growth. Now it’s been aligned with this one to become the first platform in which you’ll find everything you need to become an expert in Kotlin applied to Android development. With training to learn at the pace you want and to reach the level you want.
Discover how you can learn Kotlin in a practical, quick and easy way